By voturadio, 2018-10-09
The main reason I have an Equity Bank account is because of the feature that allows me to link the bank account to my Paypal account and easily withdraw money from PayPal. Though it takes days when a withdrawal is requested, it works and has been my way out into using Paypal. However, this obviously going to change as Safaricom today has announced their collaboration with PayPal through TransferTo that enables M-Pesa customers link their accounts directly to PayPal.
The service is already up and running and can be accessed from https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa/
This is big news. And it will have massive implications world over as it makes access to services worldwide, plus the ability to trade easier, faster and smoother.
How to link MPesa to Paypal:
The terms and conditions states that one of the requirements for the linking is a qualifying M-Pesa wallet. How this is determined is still not clear to me.
- Go to link: https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa/
- Click Get Started
- Log in to your PayPal account with your Primary Email address
- Allow the service by TransferTo that links your M-Pesa to PayPal
- Enter your Mobile Phone number
- Receive the 4 digit verification code that sent to your number and enter it to complete linking.
Problem linking MPesa to PayPal
These are some of the challenges I believe you may encounter when trying to link your MPesa to Paypal. This is the one I’ve encountered:
- Sorry we can’t link these accounts, they don’t belong to the same person – this is my issue currently. Both account names, emails, and mobile phone numbers are the same for mine. Ensure both your PayPal account and MPesa account official names and phone numbers are the same. If they are and you receive this error, file a complaint, and await response.
o first of all make sure your MPESA registration name is the same as your Paypal name. Then try linking. If not, you’ll encounter my issues above.
There’s massive promise with this new service. And it shows us just how big M-Pesa is, and how there’s so much potential for mobile money that hasn’t been tapped into.
Some Sectors that will really enjoy the new MPesa-PayPal service include:
- International online stores. It has been a challenge paying online stores. It will now be easier for many more people to buy online.
- Subscription services. Paying for your Netflix, Deezer, or any other subscription is more easier as you can load your Paypal account from MPesa.
- Small local e-commerce ventures. Many local ventures that have a problem integrating a good plugin for payments for their goods or services can now just use the PayPal plugin as more people can now pay using PayPal.
By voturadio, 2018-03-20
Fans have waited years for Yasiin Bey and Talib Kweli to release another Black Star album. According to Bey, the wait is almost over.
During a Madlib DJ set in Denver, Colorado, the MC formerly known as Mos Def claimed he and Kweli have teamed up with the Stones Throw producer for an entire project.
“New Black Star with Madlib, Talib Kweli, Yasiin, coming soon!” Bey says in a clip uploaded by a Reddit user who attended the show. “All Madlib, all day. 2018, Madlib, Black Star. Madlib Black Star.”
The return of Black Star is surprising since Bey announced his retirement in 2016. The former Mos Def planned to release three albums before calling it quits but only released one, Dec 99th with producer Ferrari Sheppard.
Black Star’s one and only album, Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star, was released in 1998. The critically acclaimed LP was a defining project for Rawkus Records, which was one of the premier labels for alternative Hip Hop in the late ’90s and early 2000s. Bey and Kweli would later release their debut solo albums through Rawkus.
Listen to one of Black Star’s classic tracks, “Respiration,” below.
By voturadio, 2018-03-19
Trey Songz has turned himself in to the authorities, reports say.
Trey Songz has been dealing with some legal issues over the past month or so. It's nothing necessarily new for him but the latest legal matters on his plate are due to allegedly beating a woman down at a club during All-Star Weekend in February. After denying any sort of wrong doing, it's reported that the singer turned himself in to the LAPD earlier this morning where he's facing felony charge for domestic violence.
According to TMZ, Trey Songz turned himself in this morning around 6 a.m. to face a domestic violence charge. However, he was later released on $50K bond.
Interestingly enough, the singer took to Twitter around the same time to deliver a message to his followers.
"For weeks my lawyers & Mgmt have asked me not to comment on this and I initially agreed but this morning I feel that my fam, the women that raised me, my friends & fans especially the youth need to hear from me. I am being lied on and falsely accused for someone’s personal gain," he said.
For weeks my lawyers & Mgmt have asked me not to comment on this and I initially agreed but this morning I feel that my fam, the women that raised me, my friends & fans especially the youth need to hear from me. I am being lied on and falsely accused for someone’s personal gain
— Trey Songz (@TreySongz) March 19, 2018
According to the report, Trey Songz lawyer has told the investigating detectives on the case that Songz accuser story is filled with many inconsistencies. Songz has also stated that there's eye witnesses that have refuted the victim's claims.
Last week, she held a press conference going into detail about what allegedly happened. She claimed Trey Songz beat her so hard that she ended up in the hospital. She was also recently granted a temporary restraining order against the singer.